Droit is continually searching for smart, intellectually curious analysts and developers who want to actively participate in the creation of client focused financial technology business.
We have a diverse group of employees, with backgrounds that may or may not include experience in the financial industry. We seek people who will help us become a better business in terms of innovation, performance, execution, delivery and client satisfaction.
Droit is seeking an experienced full-time analyst with a strong interest in law and technology to participate in solving cutting-edge computational law problems. A successful candidate may take on any of the following undertakings:
- Review statutes, regulations and other forms of rules through a rigorous "structured data" lens;
- Design and review implementation details and summarize data requirements;
- Develop and execute a thorough functional testing program for regulatory implementations;
- Produce high-quality artifacts to record and communicate with colleagues and clients;
- Identify new sources of data relevant to Droit's business and develop tracking and alerting protocols;
- Those with a strong functional programming background and interest may also participate in the software development at Droit.
- Reading comprehension and writing at a VERY HIGH level;
- Proficiency with Excel;
- Strongly analytical in problem-solving;
- Programming experience, though not required, is helpful.
Successful candidates should have both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with Software Developers and Product Analysts, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
This role is a contract position.
- Drive documentation planning in conjunction with development and product teams
- Produce high-quality documentation for technical interfaces (e.g. customer-facing web services), customer-facing applications, and internal maintenance tools
- Write or manipulate input and output samples and visual artifacts to support documentation
- Document internal operational processes
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics) or a field requiring strong written communication (e.g. English, History)
- Proven experience designing and delivering developer-oriented and user-oriented documentation
- Experience working with a programming language such as Clojure, Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: must be able to take complex technical information and translate it for non-technical consumers (both clients and colleagues)
- Experience with web services, functional programming and related technologies a plus
- Experience with financial regulations (e.g. Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MIFID/MIFIR) a plus
Senior Technical Architect
- Strong technical background building complex, high-performance products
- 8+ years experience with enterprise and cloud based frameworks
- This is a hands-on technical architecture role with strong emphasis on innovative technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with functional techniques, constrained logic and concurrency will be helpful
- Financial services background not essential
Droit Financial Technologies builds systems to help customers make decisions and trades in compliance with market logic and regulatory rules.
We are looking for software developers who want to be part of a small but growing team as we improve and extend our architecture.
- Take time to ask good questions and understand problems
- Envision a variety of solutions and explain trade-offs
- Design simple, elegant solutions
- Use functional programming comfortably
- Use data-driven designs comfortably
- Possess excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly and succinctly
- Write code first for humans to read
- Proficient in Clojure or another mostly-functional Lisp
Technologies used include (but are not limited to):
- Clojure, ClojureScript, Java
- React via Reagent and Om
- SQL and Datomic databases
- RESTful APIs
We welcome candidates who are willing and able to work effectively remotely, as well as on-site in NYC.
You are a high impact engineering executive – you lead teams
to innovate with a purpose to build products that shape and lead their
sophisticated and demanding market.
You have a great blend of
technology, strategic thinking, and business drive. You have a strong
track record of delivery of complex products and building a great team.
You combine energy and drive with a passion for success.
passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative
culture of client-focused innovation. We are searching for a engineering
leader who shares our values to join our team as the VP of Engineering
reporting directly to the CEO.
What you get to do:
all software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA
and operations to create robust, reliable and scalable platform-based
solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap across a
demanding client base of large financial institutions.
- Lead efforts to adopt actionable best practices to meaningfully advance efficiency, quality and robustness.
Lead a team of highly skilled technologists to both architecture into a
platform and simultaneously complete development of next generation
- Enact a strategic plan for developing and empowering
talent with processes that result in optimal production quality and
- Prioritize technology projects, clearly
communicate status of technology projects to executive team, expose
risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy.
- Participate in business planning and play a key role in designing the product strategy and roadmap.
Collaborate with product, marketing, and finance teams to align
business and strategic goals with technology driven initiatives.
- Mentor, grow and attract top talent.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven leadership experience across various development paradigms and technologies (Java, Clojure, LISP, React, OM).
- Experience with structured data and knowledge engineering a huge plus.
- Multi-location experience very helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate robust and transparent development process.
- Business strategy and goal oriented in approach to decision making, prioritization and performance measurement.
- Strong leadership, people management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
No recruiters please
Must Have Skills:
- SysAdmin skills (Shell scripting, Awk/sed … network support)
- Jenkins, Maven, leiningen Build management
- Linux OS / Hardware support
- Newtork Admin, Routers, Bridges and VPNs support
- Python or some other dynamic language (PHP or Node.js)
- 1 to 5 years experience
Nice to Have:
- AWS admin, VPC, EC2 and S3
- Chef or Puppet would be nice but can learn on the job
- Exposure to Java and/or Clojure would be nice to have
Very Important: Individual must be a fast learner, go-getter, self starter and a team player.
No recruiters please