Droit is continually searching for smart, intellectually curious analysts and developers who want to actively participate in the creation of client focused financial technology business.
We have a diverse group of employees, with backgrounds that may or may not include experience in the financial industry. We seek people who will help us become a better business in terms of innovation, performance, execution, delivery and client satisfaction.
Finance and Business Operations Controller (New York)
You are looking to build and lead the finance and process control functions of a rapidly growing financial technology firm. You believe in numbers and having the right data to make informed decisions. You understand where to draw the line between process and bureaucracy. You combine energy and drive with enthusiasm. You’re not afraid of details.
We are passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of client-focused innovation. We are searching for a hands-on leader who shares our values to join our team as the VP of finance and business operations.
- Build and maintain core accounting workflows, including general ledger, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, tax planning, and annual budget.
- In close cooperation with senior management, design and run detailed financial forecasts and operating budgets. Prepare regular updates and presentation materials for the Board of Directors.
- Interface with external accounting firms, auditors and PEO service providers.
- Standardize and implement policies, procedures and controls for business operations. These include accounting, expense management, hiring, employee conduct, compliance, etc.
- Supervise and track day-to-day cash flow, including review of accounts payable / receivable and expense management.
- Design and implement accounting systems and tools to standardize and improve existing processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing finance and operational processes, ideally with a blend of public and private expertise
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting
- Proven ability to implement financial models and operational processes in a fast-growing business
- Keen attention to detail while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills - able to efficiently convey key insights to senior management
- Strong Excel skills and experience with accounting / ERP packages (e.g. QuickBooks)
Product Support Specialist (London)
Droit Financial Technologies provide our clients with robust,
enterprise infrastructure facilitating compliant and optimal trading of
derivatives and other financial instruments across asset classes, global
regulatory regimes, CCP’s and execution platforms. Droit is currently expanding
its operational function in support of a rapidly expanding client base and is
looking for talented individuals to be part of that growth.
The role will primarily be focussed on delivering a quasi product
specialist/client service function and will assist in the implementation
process for new clients in this fast expanding business; you will also be
expected to be involved in wider aspects of the overall business. This is an
exciting opportunity to be part of an established and fast expanding FinTech
business serving some of the biggest financial services companies in the world.
- The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible
for day to day support of Droit’s clients.
- The role will require you to develop an in depth understanding of
the Droit platform in order to assist with a wide range of client queries.
- Partner with the Product and IT Development teams when dealing
with client initiatives and resolving technical client issues
- The role will require close coordination with other regional teams
and our outsourced level 1 support function to optimise a follow-the-sun
- You must be committed to delivering exceptional client experience
and take ownership to drive the resolution of client issues.
- Support client implementation activities in partnership with the Business
Development and Product teams.
- Develop very close working relationships with clients at all
levels of their organisation.
- Be proactive with a focus on finding optimum client solutions
while working with Droit parameters.
- Production of presentation / governance review materials for
periodic client reviews and service meetings.
- Responsible for producing internal and external MIS &
Reporting around client service.
- This is an associate level position and you must be degree
educated with experience in a client service, implementation or product support
- Knowledge of a wide range of derivative products applicable under
various regulatory mandates.
- You must be able to demonstrate industry knowledge around
financial regulation, derivatives clearing and electronic execution.
- Strong client management skills and experience of developing
strong relationships with clients.
- Experience in dealing with complex and demanding organisations.
- Proven experience in delivering on commitments to clients.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative, innovation and
solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability
to present information in a concise and informative manner.
- Ability to prepare quality client facing materials.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively
across global teams.
- Ability to demonstrate a high adaptive capacity in a dynamic
- Strong PC skills in particular PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of
basic programming concepts would be a bonus.
Product Analyst (New York and London)
Droit is seeking an experienced full-time analyst with a strong interest in law and technology to participate in solving cutting-edge computational law problems. A successful candidate may take on any of the following undertakings:
- Review statutes, regulations and other forms of rules through a rigorous "structured data" lens;
- Design and review implementation details and summarize data requirements;
- Develop and execute a thorough functional testing program for regulatory implementations;
- Produce high-quality artifacts to record and communicate with colleagues and clients;
- Identify new sources of data relevant to Droit's business and develop tracking and alerting protocols;
- Those with a strong functional programming background and interest may also participate in the software development at Droit.
- Reading comprehension and writing at a VERY HIGH level;
- Proficiency with Excel;
- Strongly analytical in problem-solving;
- Programming experience, though not required, is helpful.
Technical Writer (New York or London)
Successful candidates should have both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with Software Developers and Product Analysts, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
This role is a contract position.
- Drive documentation planning in conjunction with development and product teams
- Produce high-quality documentation for technical interfaces (e.g. customer-facing web services), customer-facing applications, and internal maintenance tools
- Write or manipulate input and output samples and visual artifacts to support documentation
- Document internal operational processes
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics) or a field requiring strong written communication (e.g. English, History)
- Proven experience designing and delivering developer-oriented and user-oriented documentation
- Experience working with a programming language such as Clojure, Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: must be able to take complex technical information and translate it for non-technical consumers (both clients and colleagues)
- Experience with web services, functional programming and related technologies a plus
- Experience with financial regulations (e.g. Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MIFID/MIFIR) a plus
Senior Developer (New York and London)
Droit Financial Technologies builds systems to help customers make decisions and trades in compliance with market logic and regulatory rules.
We are looking for software developers who want to be part of a small but growing team as we improve and extend our architecture.
- Take time to ask good questions and understand problems
- Envision a variety of solutions and explain trade-offs
- Design simple, elegant solutions
- Use functional programming comfortably
- Use data-driven designs comfortably
- Possess excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly and succinctly
- Write code first for humans to read
- Proficient in Clojure or another mostly-functional Lisp
Technologies used include (but are not limited to):
- Clojure, ClojureScript, Java
- React via Reagent and Om
- SQL and Datomic databases
- RESTful APIs
We welcome candidates who are willing and able to work effectively remotely, as well as on-site in NYC.